Oftentimes in business settings, and even at personal gatherings, people are so focused on what they want to say they fail to actively listen. Not listening – and even worse, not comprehending what is being said – is a surefire way to ruin an experience and miss an opportunity to connect the person standing right in front of you. A client could leave the conversation feeling like they weren’t heard and the agency could have missed an opportunity to offer the right kind of support and service. That’s not good for anyone.
Companies in the hospitality industry are shifting from “high-touch” to “high-tech,” which changes not only the way these businesses operate, but also how they serve their guests or customers.
This post is part two of a two-part blog series examining communication strategy through the lens of Chipotle's recent food safety crisis. Click here for part one.
In the past, Chipotle Mexican Grill has been a shining example of brand authenticity. Founded in 1993 (and having released a mission statement called “Food With Integrity”), Chipotle committed to providing quality and ethically sourced foods, and it amassed a cult-like following.
However, the recent E. coli outbreaks have shown that no company is immune to a public relations crisis or shifts in customer loyalty. As we often remind our clients, in a single day, you can go from being a darling of the media to being in the middle of a crisis.
This post is part one of a two-part blog series examining communication strategy through the lens of Chipotle's recent food safety crisis.
If you’re a Chipotle regular, you needed a back-up plan for lunch this week as all Chipotle stores were closed half a day on Monday, Feb. 8.
By now, the food contamination crisis that has consumed the Denver-based burrito chain since July has been well-documented, building a case study for how a brand should (or should not, depending on your point of view), conduct itself during troubled times. The company continues to face the fallout from the food safety issues that have caused nearly 500 customers to become ill.