Are you looking for a quick dose of industry trends and headlines?
Our Research and Insights Team has rounded up can't miss articles and hot trends you want to check out -- all in one handy snapshot.
“Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” – Charles R. Swindoll, American clergyman
1. Take a Hike, Black Friday
REI says it’s doubling down on efforts to back away from the commercial frenzy by giving people “a moment to take a breath.” Instead of hitting the malls, the company says shoppers should go for a hike. Take a breath and read on. (The Washington Post)
2. What do six guys named Herb and the Spice Girls have in common? Read on to find out (AdWeek)
3. Nike Takes A Bite Out Of Lululemon
Leveraging product insights gathered from women around the world, Nike’s move could sour Lululemon’s market share. Answer the “what?” here (Bloomberg)
4. Experienced Leaders Explain Why Experiences Lead
Whether it's deciding on technology spend or figuring out demand drivers, owners and brand executives on a Lodging Conference panel agreed that everything comes down to what guests want and when they want it. See what they said (Hotel News Now)
5. When It Comes to Branded Content Headlines, Longer Is Better for Sure (See What We Did There?)
Branded content technology provider Polar analyzed a bunch of data provided by premium publishers, such as Oath and Gannett, to see how variation in headlines affected key performance indicators. Get the long and short of it (eMarketer)