The 29th annual South by Southwest (SXSW) is upon us. More than 30,000 attendees will flock to Austin for all things interactive, film and music. This year’s conference will offer more than 1,000 sessions and over 2,500 speakers on topics ranging from big data to gamification.
What’s in store at this year’s SXSW? Mitchell will have boots on the ground – and these are some of the sessions, workshops and activities we’re looking forward to:
Big data may not be this year's buzzword, but the potential uses have only increased. Data-driven experiences and storytelling will again be a theme at SXSW.
- Big Data Made Actionable. No Really, It’s Possible
- What Marketers REALLY Need to Know About Big Data
- Are You Smarter Than Your Brain?: The Big Picture of Big Data
Do you drive exclusively following GPS? Does Siri know more about your life than some friends? Robots are no longer a vision of the future. If you need proof, you can visit The Robot Petting Zoo at SXSW.
- The Rise of the Social Robot
- Introduction to Programming Robots
- When Robots Write the News, What Will Humans Do?
Wearables are not new – but the Apple Watch may very well have just ushered in a new era of wearables. With literally hundreds of panels and talks about wearables, there's little doubt it will be a theme of this year's SXSW.
- The Emperor’s New Wearabes
- Identity in the Future of Embeddabes & Wearables
- Wearables: How to Prevent Data Overload
- NASA’s Next Giant Leap: The Journey to Mars
- NASA’s Giant Step in Social Media
- Hubble: Touching the Universe
Food & Fun
A SXSW visit is not complete without food and fun. For food, this will be the second year of the SouthBites program, focused on uniting food and technology. There are also the famed food trucks of Austin, including Chilanto and East Side King in the SouthBites Trailer Park.
Fun and celebrities are never in short supply at this annual event. Some of the more anticipated events include the cast of Community, Hulk Hogan and Google’s Eric Schmidt. If you rub elbows with Hulkamania and Google in the same day, there has to be a badge. Right?
You can follow our SXSW Mitchell Team here. We'll be chiming in daily with updates from Austin.